Spray foam and silicone roof coatings are an inexpensive, effective way to maximize your roof’s lifespan and improve its overall performance. Both options–spray foam and silicone coating spray–are safe, non-toxic, and relatively easy to apply, but they do differ slightly in terms of application and benefits. Silicone roof sealant is one of the best ways to protect your home or commercial building’s roof for years to come.
Silicone roof sealant and spray on roof coatings can prevent the expensive and often time-consuming process of roof repairs, or worst-case scenario, a complete roof tear off and recover. Most spray-on techniques can be done in less than a day, ensuring your business’s operations aren’t interrupted for an extended amount of time, hurting your bottom line.
Spray foam is growing in popularity among roofers and building owners because it’s water-resistant, uplift-resistant, and looks good on buildings. It also serves as a safe and effective method of insulating your commercial building.
While spray foam is a highly versatile and functional roofing material, it does require coating so that it doesn’t weather under the sun’s UV rays. Here’s why building owners and roofing professionals are increasingly turning to spray foam with coating as part of their roofing projects.
- It’s highly versatile and malleable, meaning it can be used on irregularly shaped surfaces without a problem. Often, spray-foam roofing can be applied over an existing roof, which saves you money because you won’t have to pay to have the old roof removed.
- It’s low maintenance. In the unlikely event that a tear or rip of the foam does occur, it can typically be fixed simply by applying some caulk to the damaged area.
- It’s weather and leak-resistant. The foam’s surface and the coating applied over the foam offer premium protection against leakage.
- It’s cost-effective. Foam-roofing systems with coating are great insulators, and they often pay for themselves within a few years by reducing your building’s energy expenditures.
Easy to apply and tremendously effective, spray-foam roofing is becoming increasingly cost-effective as energy costs rise across the country.
Spraying Silicone Roof Coating
While silicone roof coatings have been in use for some time, their application is becoming increasingly widespread as more and more folks become aware of what they are and what they do. Here’s a closer look at the benefits of this type of coating and why it’s becoming more and more prevalent across the Pacific Northwest.
- It’s tremendously easy to apply. More durable than many types of coatings, silicone roof sealant is typically applied in only one coat.
- It’s environmentally friendly. Silicone coating adheres to material safety standards that are in place in all 50 states.
- Silicone roof sealant is energy star rated and can contribute to LEED credits and certification.
- Silicone roof sealant is solvent-free.
- It generally doesn’t require a primer coat. Silicone coating can usually be applied to an existing roof after nothing more than a power wash.
- Its performance is unmatched. Silicone roof sealant creates a virtually impermeable barrier, which does a great job at keeping moisture at bay.
Silicone roof sealants are a great option for any business owner to extend your roof’s life and protect the integrity of your building. Simple to apply and tremendously effective, silicone roof coating offers abundant benefits to the building owner.
Spray Coating Experts in the Pacific Northwest
To maximize the lifespan of your roof, improve its appearance and minimize energy expenditures for your building, consider spray foam or silicone roof sealant. Spray-On Foam, located conveniently in Southwest Washington has extensive experience with spray foam and coatings. We’ve been helping businesses since 1973, and we’re ready to help yours. Contact Spray-On Foam today to find out what we can do for you.